What do I do after ProvisionalBuilder™ is installed?
After start-up, you will see the home page where your work is organized. You can create a new application, open a previously created application, or get answers to your questions through the “Help” button.
- New Application – Begin a new patent application by selecting the “New Application” button. Alternatively, you may click on “File” in the upper left and select “New” from the drop-down menu.
- Open – Open a patent application. Alternatively, you may click on the “File” menu to reveal the drop-down menu and select “Open” to upload the application from its saved location. A history of previously created or accessed applications is displayed below the main menu whenever you run ProvisionalBuilder™. You can click on the desired patent application to open it.
- Request Attorney – Send an e-mail requesting assistance from a patent attorney. You can select a particular application and click on the “Request Attorney” button to request help. If there is no project or a particular project is not selected, the “Request Attorney” button is disabled or grayed-out. Alternatively, you may click on the “Help” menu and select “Request Attorney Filing” from the drop-down menu.
- Help – Access the reference guide. Alternatively, you may click on the “Help” button or select “Power Patent Help” from the drop-down menu. When you click on the “Help” button, a series of topics will be visible. For inventors unfamiliar with a PPA, the “Help” button provides basic information to get you started.
- To return to the main menu at any point in the program, select the “Home” icon in the upper left corner.