Do I need to obtain prior permission from the Patent Office to file application for patent outside US or abroad?

Generally speaking, you should obtain prior permission from the US Patent Office to file patent application abroad. When you file an application with the USPTO, the USPTO generally provides a foreign filing permit along with the formal filing acknowledgment.

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons